Eaton TR270W Tamper Resistant Standard Duplex Receptacle, White, 15A 125V, Box of 10
Price is for a box of 10 receptacles.
- Provides compliance with 2017 NEC Article 406.12
- Durable impact-resistant thermoplastic face and back body is virtually unbreakable
- Terminal screws are backed out and ready to wire
- Extra-long and extra-wide mounting straps
- Patented built-in wire stripper for #14 and #12 wire to speed installation
- Push-in terminals accept #14 solid wire
Tamper resistant receptacles contain a UL listed safety shutter system that prevents the insertion of foreign objects into receptacles. The safety shutters will open only upon insertion of a 2-prong or 3-prong plug. Installing these receptacles ensures compliance with 2017 NEC Article 406.12. Areas of application include: new residential construction; remodel/retrofit residential construction; apartment buildings; condominiums and townhouses; hotels, motels, inns and suites with kitchenettes; retirement communities, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. (Note: 2017 NEC Article 406.12 applies to new construction only).
- Receptacle type: Residential grade duplex
- Testing & code compliance:
- cULus Listed to UL498, file no. E15058
- UL certified to CSA C22.2
- no. 42, NOM/ANSI certified.
- Flammability: Meets UL 94 requirements; V0 rated
- Temperarture rating: -20ºC to 60ºC (-4°F to 140°F)
- Electrical specifications: Dielectric voltage: Withstands 2000V per UL 498
- Current interrupting: Yes, at full-rated current
- Temperature rise: Max. 30ºC (86°F) after 100 cycles of overload @ 150% of rated current (DC)
- Mechanical specifications Terminal accommodation: #14 - 10 AWG
- Voltage ratings: Permanently marked on device